Failed to Add Update Source for WUAgent of type (2) and Error = 0x87d00692.

When I tried to push some software updates via SCCM, I can successfully deploy, but the client has no activities on the software update.

First I found out that Windows update is not enabled in “Client Settings” for our workstations(When I looked at Locationservices.log there’s no WSUS Path)

Then I got this error message:  “Failed to Add Update Source for WUAgent of type (2) and Error = 0x87d00692.”  from WUAHandler.log

We have a few WSUS servers, and I was using the WSUS within the SCCM Server, apparently our domain group policy has restricted one specific WSUS for the workstations, so I have to start over again to use that WSUS server to publish software updates…

 

Here is an excellent article on troubleshooting SCCM Software Updates:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sudheesn/2010/11/09/troubleshooting-sccm-part-iii-software-updates/

Leave a Reply