The Shavlik installation is pretty simple, but the configurations may take a while.
If you already installed WSUS, you have to use SSL connections to your WSUS server.
But first we have to setup a certificate, can use self sign certificate or CA issued certificate ( preferred).
I was reading some articles online, and some are not right. The code-signing certificate Shavlik needs, actually it is a web server certificate.
so what we do is to request a SSL certificate:
- Request a certificate in IIS manger under server certificates, you will get a text file exported;
- Use web enroll on the root server, http://carootserver/certsrv
- Import the crt file to MMC-Certificate
- Export out the imported certificate
- Import the certificate in IIS
- Edit Binding settings, and bind this certificate to the WSUS web server
and now, we configure WSUS to use SSL:
Now go back to Shavlik you should be good to go!