When I was using state migration point for user data backup and recover during OSD, it failed multiply times today. and the error message was

“SMP request to failed with error: E_SMPERROR_MIGRATIONID_NOT_FOUND (204)”

Not sure what went wrong, just tried again and failed again.

Then I realized that I was backing up user data in one location, when I recover user data, the computer was in another location.

When I checked the Migration Status in SCCM, indeed that backup was in the wrong location.

Then I added new location to the existing Migration Point server from Site System Roles, and it fixed the issue right away!


Leave a Comment